The Fan-Tasy Entertainer
- 2010 was the 7th year of the Fan-Tasy Lab. To remember the great job done by our alumni and the great joy we’ve shared in the past 6 years, we collected some of our experimental data and compiled them into a short video-“The Fan-Tasy Entertainer” along the music “The Entertainer” composed by Scott Joplin. Hope the fantastic video entertains you.
- Connecting Interface for Modularization of Digital Microfluidics. SPIE 2008.
- Dielectric Droplet Manipulations by Electropolarization Forces. MEMS 2008.
- Wristband-Like Droplet Platform by Digital Microfluidic Modularizations. MEMS 2008.
- 3D Droplet Transportations by EWOD Actuations on Flexible Polymer Films. IMECE 2005.
- Portable Digital Microfluidics Platform with Active but Disposable Lab-On-Chip. MEMS 2004.
- Parallel Transportation of Droplets in a Multilayer Device by MEWOD. Transducers 2007.
- Smart Lens: Tunable Liquid Lens for Laser Tracking. SPIE 2007.
- Direct Handwriting Manipulation of Droplets by Self-Aligned Mirror-EWOD across a Dielectric Sheet. MEMS 2006.
- Asymmetric Electrowetting – Moving Droplets by a Square Wave. Lab Chip 2007.
- Droplets Oscillation and Continuous Pumping by Asymmetric Electrowetting. MEMS 2006.
- Reconfigurable liquid pumping in electric-field-defined virtual microchannels by dielectrophoresis. Lab Chip, 2009.
- Electroosmotic Flow in Dielectrophoresis-Formed Microchannel. NEMS 2009.
- Liquid-core Liquid-cladding Optical Waveguide by Liquid Dielectrophoresis. Transducers 2009.
- Enhanced Droplet Mixer by LDEP on Spiral Microelectrodes. NEMS 2007
- Nanoliter Droplet Creation By EWOD and LDEP. μTAS 2006.
- Integrated Digital and Analog Microfluidics by EWOD and LDEP. NEMS 2006
Particles and Cells DEP
- Cross-scale electric manipulations of cells and droplets by frequency-modulated dielectrophoresis and electrowetting. Lab Chip, 2008.
- Selective Particle Separation and Deposition by 3-D Insulator-Based Dielectrophoresis. μTAS 2006.
- Dielectrophoretic Cell Concentrators on EWOD-Based Chips. NEMS 2006.
Dielectric Droplet Manipulation
- General digital microfluidic platform manipulating dielectric and conductive droplets by dielectrophoresis and electrowetting. Lab Chip, 2009.
- Bubble manipulation by electropolarization in oil. APCOT 2008.
- Droplet-Based Bilayer Lipid Membrane Formation. NanoMed 2007.
- Characterization and Packaging of Electronic Paper Display Based on Particle Polarization. SID 2009.
- Reflective Electronic Paper Display by Particle Chain Technology with Tunable Stability. IDMC 2009.
- Reflective Electronic Paper by Polarization and Electrophoresis of Toner in Oil. IDW 2008.
- Reflective Electronic Paper by Particle Polarization on a 5×5 Pixel Array. IDW 2008.
- Reflective Electronic Paper Display Utilizing Electric Polarized Particle Chains. SID 2007.
- Formation, Transportation, and Evaporation of Encapsulated Droplets.IEEE Int. Conf. on NEMS, 2009.
- Water Droplet Encapsulation by A Quantitative and Removable Oil Shell. Transducers 2009.
- Digital microfluidic packaging by droplet-level encapsulation. APCOT 2008.
Bilayer Lipid Membrane Formation
Combination of PDLC and Electrowetting
- Electrowetting on polymer dispersed liquid crystal. Appl. Phys. Lett. 2009.
- Droplet Manipulation by Electrowetting on Polymer Dispersed Liquid Crystal. Transducers 2007.
- Electric-Wave Heating on the Microfludic Chip. NanoMed 2007.
- Realizing Temperature-Controlled Digital Microfluidic Chips with Versatile Microelectrodes. NEMS 2007.